The WAGNER HiCoat coating concept, with its well-coordinated components, meets these requirements. HiCoat, which stands for "High Quality Coating", is the result of many years of experience in surface technology that have culminated in a technically mature design built on the seamless interaction of WAGNER components.
WAGNER HiCoat components:
1. Die WAGNER C4-HiCoat Pistolentechnologie
HiCoat gun technology is the first step in reducing variations in coating thickness. This technology achieves a significantly more homogeneous powder distribution and an increased transfer efficiency.
- Perfection in metallic coating
- Homogeneous powder cloud
- Optimized electrostatics for efficient powder charging
- Considerable increase in the rate of transmission
- Better powder charging
- Soft powder cloud
- Atomisation selectable for workpiece
- Uniform distribution of thin coats
Technology in a nutshell:
- Integrated high voltage cascade for optimal charging
- Variable fan spray nozzle system for different areas of application
- Powerlock system for simple and rapid colour change
- Safety Power high-voltage safety technology
2. The control technology
Very high reliability and precision for optimal coating results is what WAGNER control technology stands for. It offers the ideal basis for modern and high-performance automation solutions in powder coating. Optimal process coordination - an essential factor for efficiency and quality.
- PrimaTech: A modular system for all standard applications, expandable to include a gap/depth/height control.
- DigiTech: A modular system for demanding applications with Airflow (AFC) technology and coating recipes.
- ProfiTech: High-end equipment for all applications, coating recipes, program control, PLC control with Profibus, axis control and customized applications.
3. HiCoat ED-pump
ED (efficient delivery) stands for efficient air consumption, efficient material utilisation and a large feed rate range of 20-150 g/min. Atomisation can only be achieved by means of suspension feeding. This prevents pulsing of the powder cloud and generates optimal transfer efficiency. In addition, suspension feeding makes it possible to quickly change feed rates, and allows cleaning and simple operation and maintenance
4. Powder supply/fresh powder feed
The WAGNER Comfort Power Center represents the forefront of powder logistics technology. Optimized suction systems, bidirectional level control, and intelligent hose guides with a quick change system shorten colour change times and ensure high circulation stability when supplying powder to up to 27 guns. An integrated fresh powder supply system and ultrasound sieving are optionally available.
5. Ultrasound sieving
The small mesh width of the sieve - adjusted to the particle size spectrum - holds back contaminants to improve powder fluidisation in the interest of optimized feeding and atomisation. Agglomerates are broken down to generate a smooth and uniform surface. The significantly higher sieve rate of the ultrasound sieve compared to conventional vibration sieve makes it particularly suitable for systems with high capacity rates.
6. Booth technologies and recovery
Insights gained in extensive current simulations in different booth and recovery systems flowed into the development of the WAGNER booth concept. All booths, whether they are VertiCube, SuperCube or other WAGNER booths, are configured to provide the optimal current conditions necessary for the overall system, depending on the application. A suitable recovery technology - either via cyclone or filter, depending on the recovery concept - optimises the cost efficiency for the powder circuit.